Our Parish will be doing a Catholic Vacation Bible School for the 5th year in a row. The theme this year is “Built on the Rock”, and will be covering the Papacy and the Historical Foundations of our Faith, among other things. The program that we will be using is actually called The Vatican Express VBS from Catholic Kidz Camp. The Built on the Rock / The Vatican Express VBS promises to be a good Faith learning experience for all of us.
Since the age range of participants is 5-11, I (Mimi) will be volunteering, while Fifi and Gigi will actually be participating in the program.
The 4 different groups have different colors and are each named after a Pope:
- The group with kids going into Kindergarten (Red) is the “Pope John Paul II” group;
- The group with kids going into 1st and 2nd grades (Blue) is the “Pope St. Leo the Great” group;
- The group with kids going into 3rd and 4th grades ( Green) is the “Pope St. Peter” group;
- The group with kids going into 5th and 6th grades (Yellow) is the “Pope St. Pius the X” group.
They will be rotating thru 5 stations:
- Music (lots of singing and dancing);
- Fun and Games;
After that, everyone sings the song(s) they learned in music together, then they go home.
I’m really excited to be sharing our Built on the Rock / Vatican Express VBS experience with you!
However, don’t be surprised if I can’t post more than Day 1 and Day 5. We are really busy this week with Theater Practice, so I might not have time to post.